I have to confess – there was a brief period in my life where I may have subsisted almost entirely on peanut butter spread over apples or toast (no, I don’t do peanut butter and celery. Celery goes with ranch dip.). It’s taken me some time, but I’ve finally realized that peanut butter can actually be consumed for enjoyment, and not just for convenience. I piled this crunchy, creamy, deliciousness on top of these buttermilk cupcakes, but I’m plotting round two with a dark chocolate layer cake.
- 1/2 C unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 C chunky peanut butter
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 1/4 C whole milk
- Mise en place, and read the recipe all the way through.
- Combine room temperature butter and peanut butter in a large bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on medium speed until fully combined.
- With mixer or beaters on low, add the powdered sugar 1/2 c at a time, allowing the sugar to mix in completely before adding the next 1/2 cup. Adding in small doses over a low speed will prevent the powdered sugar mushroom cloud that can sometimes happen while making frosting.
- Add 1/4 C whole milk to the mixture and beat to combine.
- Spoon or pipe over cooled cupcakes.
[…] ← Previous […]
Just what I was looking for. (Permission to use chunky instead of smooth!) Thanks. I will Mise en place and read the recipe all the way through, Chef!
Thanks for writing, Dawn! Hope the chunky PB frosting is everything you dreamed and more. xo <3