Welcome back! I had a bunch of new products sitting in a pile waiting to be tested, so I decided to film a full face first impressions video so I could share my thoughts while doing a fun look. This video is definitely more focused on first impressions than makeup technique, but that’s okay because this look is so easy to do. I would say the only item you NEED to replicate the super blingy effect on my eyes is the Touch in Sol set which you can get for just $24 at Sephora. I think I like it better than my Stila Foil Finish eyeshadows…
The new products I’m trying out in this video are listed below!
Cover FX Clear Cover Sunscreen / Primer: http://seph.me/2cdvfSL
*Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation: http://bit.ly/2cJpu4C
*Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Concealer: http://bit.ly/2cxbSov
Urban Decay Liquid Moondust: http://seph.me/2chcqBw
Touch in Sol Metallist Cream Shadow & Glitter Combo: http://seph.me/2cxcLNT
Sephora Collection 12 Hour Eyeliner: http://seph.me/2bW8ORu
Make Up For Ever Eyeshadow: http://seph.me/2bXrV2g
*Diorshow Maximizer 3D Lash Primer: http://bit.ly/2csVQgX
*Urban Decay Perversion Mascara (new formula): http://bit.ly/2caGGLe
*denotes affiliate link
Additional thoughts on these products:
- Clear Cover Sunscreen: I love this stuff. It feels hydrating but not greasy (though it does need a few minutes to sink into the skin if applied over moisturizer), and I haven’t noticed any change to my skin tone since switching from my old SPF 50.
- All Nighter Foundation: This might be replacing my Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation Stick if I can find the right shade. The darker shades seem to be very orange, and get more orange once they oxidize (which they do… significantly), but the lighter shades don’t seem to have the same issue. I love that this is a matte/satin finish – there isn’t any dewiness, but the skin doesn’t look flat. I especially love that this dries down with NO tackiness whatsoever, so you don’t have to set the whole face with powder
- Shape Tape Concealer: Do I really need to say anything else about this? It’s impossible to find in-stock for a reason. It is extremely high coverage, needs minimal powder to set (and only creases in fine lines if you forget to set it), includes a generous amount of product, and isn’t drying to the undereyes. The only downside is the VERY limited shade range, which is especially an issue for darker skin tones since the whole line runs on the fair side.
- Liquid Moondust: This was a disappointment for me. I didn’t find the shade i purchased (Solstice) to be as pigmented as the swatches made it appear. It was gorgeous, but ultimately more sheer and subtle than what I was going for. I returned this.
- Metallist Cream Shadow & Glitter: If you want the most metallic, foiled effect in existence, buy this product. You can use the cream base and glitter separately or together to totally customize how metallic you want the look to be. The glitter sticks well to the cream base, but does have some fallout after it dries down. Nothing crazy, but I did notice this while blending out my crease and throughout the night as glitter pieces fell to my lashes.
- Sephora Collection Eyeliner: This applies smoothly (no tugging!) and blends out easily. It’s very pigmented and didn’t budge after I blended it out, but it did remove easily with makeup remover. I can’t say I’d pick this over my ColourPop liners, but still a good product.
- Make Up For Ever Eyeshadow: I’ve been using MUFE shadows since I was 15! It was so cool to get one in my August Sephora Play box. The pigment on this was a little more sheer than I was expecting, but made sense once i saw that it was intended to be an iridescent finish and not a metallic finish.
- Dior Lash Primer: I don’t think this was a whole lot different from the original formula. It did a good job lengthening and volumizing even the shortest of lashes – once my tube of the old formula runs out, I’ll replace it with the new one.
- Perversion Mascara: This was surprisingly great! Like I said in the video, I wasn’t a big fan of the original formula, but the new one did an amazing job creating full, voluptuous lashes out of some of my short, stubby, baby lashes. My Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir is still my #1, but I’ve got this in my gym bag and have been using it every day.
Connect With Me
Facebook | YouTube | Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin