Today’s look is another Halloween makeup tutorial for those of you who, like me, aren’t big on dressing up! I wanted to create a look that was glam, a little extra, and also wearable. I thought this orange glitter cut crease was a great alternative to a classic smokey eye, which is usually my go-to makeup look for any special event. I’m trying to challenge myself to use more color and get out of my comfort zone because I feel like I have been in a bit of a rut lately. I’m glad I did, because I really like how this look came out. This was also my first time doing a cut crease, and while I’ve watched many great tutorials on glitter cut creases, it took actually doing one to fully understand all of the tips I’ve heard over the years.
Here are my top cut crease recommendations – I promise if you follow this tips, even if you are a beginner, you will be able to create this look easily! I wanted to share my tips here but definitely recommend watching the video so you can see them in action
Top 5 Tips for Nailing your Cut Crease:
- Start soft and build intensity of the cut crease gradually
- DO NOT OPEN YOUR EYES when you have concealer or glitter in the crease. I know you’re nodding and rolling your eyes like ‘duh, this is so basic’ but even I forgot and smeared concealer all over my perfectly cut crease.
- Use small brushes and make small strokes when carving our the crease
- If you have hooded lids like I do, or any folds of skin in your crease, place the cut crease above those folds so it is still visible when your eyes are open
- ONLY when using powders: Constantly open your eyes while cutting the crease so you can make adjustments as you create the look. It really sucks to open your eye at the end and realize the cut is too low / is wobbly / etc. Tip #2 takes priority over this tip any time you are using a liquid or cream product.
*ABH Modern Renaissance Palette: http://bit.ly/2f1Terc
*Viseart Dark Mattes Palette: http://bit.ly/1Y7OWzc
Morphe 35O Palette: https://www.morphebrushes.com/products/35o
*Kat Von D Lock It Concealer: http://bit.ly/2e29c1L
*Ardell Demi Wispies: http://bit.ly/2e7m0X0
*Tarte Shape Tape Concealer: http://bit.ly/2ec6ASg
*MUFE Ultra HD Stick Foundation: http://bit.ly/28Rltpp
Becca Prosecco Pop Highlight and Amaretto Blush (similar split pan linked): http://seph.me/2fuerg4
*Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow Contour Powder: http://bit.ly/2dEWnvb
Ofra Americano Liquid Lipstick: http://bit.ly/2eS5ppr
Ofra x Kathleenlights Miami Fever Liquid Lipstick: http://bit.ly/2f1Roqa
*denotes affiliate link